11.20.2009

Butternut Squash & Chickpea Salad


I'm a little late posting this week, but wanted to make sure I got this one out before Thanksgiving. The last couple of years we've been trying to make more eclectic Thanksgiving items. The typical mashed potatoes and green bean casserole can be a bore. I came across this seasonal butternut squash/chickpeas salad on the smitten kitchen blog archives. I tested it out on friends last weekend, and it's definitely a winner. Neil is asking me to make this for him on weeknights now. It's so easy to make, and would be a great addition to Thanksgiving as a precursor to the meal or a side. What makes this so good is the tahini dresing. I would put that dressing on any salad. I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Eat well!!!

Btw, my oven is finally working! Although, I was secretly hoping for new appliances, I suppose I can wait.

See Recipe!

No comments: