4.10.2008

Seared Mahi Mahi w/ Saffron Risotto & Spinach Coulis






















The inspiration for this dish is from Mark & Orlando's restaurant in Dupont Circle. On one of my visits there, my friend ordered a crab cake that sat on a creamy bed of saffron risotto surrounded with a spinach puree. I loved the medley of flavors! I thought the combination would work great with a mild white fish. Neil has high cholestoral, so I try to limit shellfish. Mahi Mahi is one of my favories. I googled the hell out of recipes for saffron risotto and spinach coulis and ended up with a delicious, simple concoction.

The life of risotto is rather short, and should be served immediately. But, always save the leftovers to make risotto cakes or arancini (fried risotto balls) the next day.

I recommend getting a squeeze bottle to nicely border the coulis around the risotto. As you can see from the picture, I didn't have one at the time. And don't get this from Sur La Table or anything of the llke...just go to Home Depot. It's a lot cheaper!

See Recipe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry! It's great to hear from you. Thanks for checking this out! Congrats on the litte one :)