11.03.2008

Pumpkin Cookies

It's that time of year, and I'm craving everything pumpkin. My pumpkin obsessions lasts through the winter holidays after which I’m totally pumpkin’d out…I’ll never learn the concept of “moderation”. Lately, I've been popping candy corn at work like it’s popcorn, and go home with the worst stomach ache…moderation! Anyways, since the pumpkin kick is strong for now, I planned to make pumpkin cookies last weekend. Well, to my shock, both Harris Teeter and Safeway were completely out of pumpkin puree. What’s up with that? Every year, grocery stores are completely “in your face” stocked w/ pumpkin cans. Has anyone had this issue? Well, I didn’t get my pumpkin cookie fix, so I went to William Sonoma and bought some pumpkin butter as a temporary fix. I’ll make their pumpkin bars with it. But, I’ll be baking these cookies as soon as I get my hands on some pumpkin. Luckily, I had some pictures of the cookies I made last year. These are delicious! They are very soft and almost scone like in texture, and guaranteed to satisfy the craving. Hopefully you have better luck with pumpkin!

See Recipe!

No comments: