7.28.2008

Zucchini Cakes

It's zucchini squash season! I love zucchini and I had the most awesome zucchini cakes while in Turkey. I tried to recreate it at home by looking up random recipes and combining what I thought was the best ingredients of the bunch. I ended up with very soft, tasty cakes, and pretty damn close to the original. I served it with a yogurt dill sauce which I made by combining greek yogurt, fresh dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt/pepper.

I used feta cheese in the recipe, but I think it would taste way better with goat cheese. Much to my dismay, Neil has a strong aversion to it, so much so that I can't even get away with sneaking it in...like I do most things that he "thinks" he dislikes ;)

1 comment:

Poopie said...

We were lucky enough to experience Sonal and Neil's turkish feast this past weekend...the entire feast was amazing. The Zucchini Cakes were my favorite:)