2.08.2009

Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes



Looking through my posts over the last year, I realized that I haven't posted many recipes for breakfast. So, I'm posting the pancakes that I now make almost every Sunday morning. Growing up, it was always my job to make pancakes for my younger sister and brother on the weekends. Back then, I made them using Bisquick...yes, Bisquick of all things! I got pretty sick of it over the years, and I swore off pancakes for a while after moving out. By "a while", I mean that it wasn't until last year that I even thought about making pancakes again. But, this time I attempted it sans Bisquick, and realized that it's just as simple to make from scratch, and the end product is exponentially better. Pancakes are officially back in my life :) This recipe always come out light and fluffy, the way pancakes should be. It also uses orange zest and chocolate chips as a delicious twist. Sometimes, I use lemon zest and blueberries during berry season. If you haven't already noticed, I love adding zest to many recipes. It's this subtle ingredient that makes so many dishes shine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. These sound much more interesting than taking the Bisquick "easy" way out. I am definitely giving the pancakes from scratch thing a try this weekend.

good post!

Cheers,

Cristian

Poopie said...

We made these today for a brunch get together and they were a hit:) Everyone loved how fluffy they were, thanks!