12.22.2008

Pecan Pie



Happy Holidays and happy eating!! Pecan pie is one of the easiest holiday desserts to make, yet it's also the easiest to ruin. I remember my first pecan pie...the recipe had minimal ingredients that were just mixed together and thrown into a pie crust. I thought there was no way I could ruin it. Well, it was a runny mess of goop. I ended up attempting 3 different pies into the late late night, and none turned out right! I learned from my mistakes and came up with some true tips along the way. Pecan pie requires more care and patience than what you may have read in the majority of recipes out there. I haven't ruined a single pie since, so I hope these tips posted in the recipe work out the same for you.

I made my own crust, but a store bought crust works out fine for this. Also, many swear by certain syrups for making pecan pie. I'm partial to Lyle's golden syrup, but if you can get your hands on some sugar syrup from New Orleans, go for it. If you can't find either, corn syrup is acceptable.

See Pie Crust Recipe!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sonal,
This blog is amazing. Just by reading it I can tell that you are expressing something very authentic! This is great to read. Keep going and have fun! The more fun you have, the more fun we have!

Sincerely,
Watt Smith

Junior said...

I have to say, this is a favorite during the holiday season. We always ask her to make an extra to leave for us after Thanksgiving =)

Thanks Sonal!